Town of Trent Woods

A Family Friendly Community

Animal Control Ordinance

Chickens and Roosters are NOT permitted in Trent Woods.

The Town does not have a leash law.  However, the Town does regulate animals within its corporate limits.  The Town requires registration of all dogs and cats for the public health safety of tracking current rabies vaccinations.    For more information, see the full Animal Control Ordinance or contact  Animal Control Officer Rich Schreiber at 637-9810.

Burning Ordinance

Only yard debris may be burned in the Town of Trent Woods and that is only on certain days and times.  Burning of yard debris may be done on Tue., Thu., and the first full weekend and the third weekend of each calendar month  from 8am to 10:00 pm.  The fire cannot be added to or increased after 6pm.  All embers must be completely extinguished by 10pm.  (For the purposes of this Ordinance, "weekend" refers to a consecutive Sat. and Sun.)

Golf Cart Ordinance

As of June 1, 2010 the Town will allow Golf Carts to be operated on a public street within the Town limits.  The Golf Cart must be inspected by the Town Police Department and a sticker displayed on it as evidence that it passes inspection.  The inspection is required yearly.  The cost of the inspection and sticker is $25.   If you have any questions, please contact the Trent Woods Police Department at 637.3030.

Junked Car Ordinance

This ordinance regulates and provides for the removal  abandoned, nuisance and junked motor vehicles.


Noise Ordinance

The Board of Commissioners of the Town of Trent Woods adopted a noise ordinance at a meeting in October, 2008.  For information on the ordinance please contact the Trent Woods Police Department at 637-3030. 

Open Areas Ordinance

This ordinance regulates the Town's "Park" areas, providing rules & regulations on the Meadows Family Park on Country Club Drive and the vacant lot next to the Town Hall and the Fire Department on the corner of Chelsea Road and Country Club Drive.


Parking Ordinance

All four wheels must be off of the traveled portion of the roadway when parking a vehicle in the right of way of any street in the Town.  For more information regarding this ordinance see the full Parking Ordinance or contact the Trent Woods Police Department at 637-3030.

Subdivision Ordinance

Regulates the division of property in the Town.  To divide a tract of land into two or more lots will require a process that is explained in this document.  If you have any questions, please contact the Town Hall 637.9810.

Swimming Pool Enclosure Ordinance

The Town requires swimming pools in the Town to be enclosed.  Please see the ordinance for more information.  If you have any questions, please contact Mike Haber at 637-9810.

Zoning Ordinance

Regulates the placement of structures on property within the Town as well as the size of lots that are allowed in different areas.